Friday, April 12, 2013

The OR Project



OR Project:

                The OR Project was a blast for me, and I believe my observing teacher is looking forward to using the technology. My project was over the use and incorporation of Explain Everything, a nifty application which allows you to create presentations with virtually any components you can imagine. From pictures to webpages, Explain Everything allows its user to incorporate and manipulate anything.

                From the perspective of the science teacher, this allows immediate on screen editing of problems, videos and slide shows to allow your students a better understanding while not having to waste class time navigating through numerous browser windows. Overall the technology is very useful, but it is not free and, while it allows you to record your presentations, I feel this function needs work above all the program’s other tools.

                My teaching style seems to be fairly laid back and interactive, with what I feel is interpreted as a supportive and helpful attitude. I also learned that I have trouble taking most issues seriously and am quick to explain negative circumstances which can hinder positive interpretations of my audience. My observing teacher was very interested in using the technology at the end of the presentation, but I feel he would have been more so if I had not been so quick to explain my frustrations with some of the less developed features.

No comments:

Post a Comment